Registering with DSS
Although it is not required that students with disabilities register, students who wish to use accommodations must be registered with DSS. DSS feels that it is important to start things off on the right foot and therefore encourages students to contact us as early as possible. Students registered with DSS receive many benefits that can greatly enhance the academic experience.
In order to best help you and get things started in the right direction on the first day of class, students are asked to submit documentation of their disability and the completed necessary forms to Disability Support Services prior to arrival. Once your deposit is received by CUA, you will receive further information on how to register for services with DSS. However, you are more than welcome to contact us at any time if you have questions.
1. After you are admitted and have mailed your deposit to the institution, you will need to begin your registration process for DSS. Contact DSS to request an intake packet. Eligibility must be established before services can be provided.
2. Complete the intake form and return it to the office with a copy of your documentation.
3. When the intake form and documentation are received, DSS will contact you with an update designating your file's status as approved or incomplete. Please be patient, we have many files to review.
4. Once the file is "approved," call to schedule an intake appointment. This can be done at any time after the documentation is approved. If you live in the area or will be visiting, we would encourage you to set up this meeting before arriving on campus.
At the intake appointment you will discuss:
· Accommodations and services
· Campus and local resources
· Policies and procedures
Students are welcome to meet with the DSS staff at any time. We are always here to help you and work with you to answer questions and provide resources and information to help you achieve your potential.
If you have any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to contact Disability Support Services. We look forward to working with you.
Let’s Get Started
Part 1 Registration Forms