The Catholic University of America


Requesting Housing and Dining Services Accommodations

In order to request an accommodation or modification to a Residence Hall Agreement or dining plan due to a diagnosed disability, medical condition, or special dietary needs, the student must have supporting documentation that specifically addresses this request. Accommodations are made to support the student’s needs within the available spaces. The required documentation should be submitted directly to the office of Disability Support Services (DSS) in Pryzbyla 127. DSS will review the information and confer with additional individuals in the university where appropriate (i.e. Health Services, Counseling Center, Environmental Health and Safety, Dining Services, etc.).

The following process applies to both housing and dining accommodation requests:

  1. Submit the necessary documentation to DSS. Students will need to provide the following:
    • The appropriate Accommodations Request form
    • A letter from a health care provider with the required information
  2. Students will be contacted to schedule an appointment with DSS or the Dining Services Dietician in order to discuss accommodations.

Students seeking accommodations are strongly encouraged to make the university aware of their needs as early as possible, ensuring that sufficient time is available for the deliberative process to consider the student's request.

Housing Accommodations Information

Dining Accommodations Information